The University Library of the University of Wisconsin-Stout seeks an innovative and collaborative leader for the position of Library Director.
The successful candidate will provide strategic leadership for all functions of the library in collaboration with library staff and other academic units and in support of the mission of the University. Serves as primary advocate for the library and represents the library to the campus administration, students, faculty, staff, the Council of University of Wisconsin Libraries, and the local region. The Director has administrative responsibility for the leadership, management, planning, and development of all library policies, services, budgets, and supervision of library personnel and work groups. Works efficiently and effectively, striving for improvement, innovation and excellence in all aspects of the University Library while following university and UW System policies, rules, regulations and guidelines.
* Advanced degree (i.e. master’s degree or higher) in Library, Information Science, or related field
* Demonstrated experience in library leadership with administrative and supervisory responsibilities
* Demonstrated experience in using electronic databases, books, media and/or other resources
* Demonstrated experience in planning, assessment, and evaluation in collaboration with faculty, staff, administration and students
* Two (2) or more years of work experience within an academic library
This is a 12-month position, renewable, reporting to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs. For complete vacancy announcement and to apply online visit http://jobs.uwstout.edu/director-university-library/job/5764307#. For consideration applicants must submit: cover letter specifically addressing the applicant’s qualifications, current resume, unofficial transcripts and names and contact information for three current references. Screening will begin February 15, 2016, however screening may continue until the position is filled. UW-Stout is an EEO/AA employer. Employment is contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
For additional information regarding the position, please call or email: