Taiga Forum – ALA Annual, San Francisco, CA
WHERE & WHEN: 2 – 4 pm on Friday, June 26, 2015.
meeting room # 2004 W (Moscone Center west building)
Title: The Art & Science of Building Lasting Partnerships across your Institution
Abstract: Building long lasting partnerships across the institution, whether a university campus, community college, or small liberal arts college, is one of the most effective ways for the library to remain relevant to its constituents and engaged in the life of the campus or the larger institution.
Come to Taiga to engage in a conversation that will discuss the following questions:
• How do you make a difference on campus via collaboration with Information Technology, Office of Research, Residence Life, Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Athletics, Student Affairs, Development, as well as the Colleges, Schools, and Departments?
• What makes a good collaborator and how does one leverage collaborations to build influence?
• What are good examples of strategic collaborations that payoff for the library?
• Why is true collaboration difficult?
• How do you cultivate a culture where library staff/faculty are consistently seeking out opportunities to collaborate with purpose and strategic intent?
Taiga Social Hour
Location: Chieftain Irish Pub & Restaurant -198 5th Street @ Howard, San Francisco, CA 94103
For more information about the Taiga Forum see: http://taiga-forum.org/
Thanks to Innovative Interfaces Inc. for arranging for the space.
Eleanor I. Cook
Assistant Director for Discovery & Technology Services
Academic Library Services — Joyner Library
East Carolina University
East Fifth Street
Greenville, NC 27858